This spectacular railway bridge was built in 1903 when it was the second largest cantilever bridge in Europe.
This was the largest cantilever bridge in Europe, after the Forth Bridge, when it was completed in 1903. Originally a railway bridge it was built to carry the Ballachulish branch of the Callander and Oban railway and transport slates south from the vast Ballachulish quarries. The bridge was used for both road and rail traffic from 1914 until the railway closed in 1966. There is a footpath across the bridge with car parking on the north side. The bridge is well worth a visit especially when the Falls of Lora below it are in full flood.
Contact and Information